Trolling Motor Thrust Question

Is 55lbs of thrust enough for a 17’ CC? Thinking about adding a trolling motor to the bow of my boat. Just trying to figure out how much power I need.

I would go with at least 80. I had a 55 on my 16 ft Sea Fox and it was a struggle to move around in heavy current.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I’d go as high as I can and the best model I could. Tiller steer is a bit of a pain to try to fish and steer in windy rivers in bad current so I’d stay away from that if you can. Next one I buy will be way over kill. There is no such thing as to much power.

Thanks guys, this is all I needed to make a decision.

the short answer is no.
will it work, yes,
if you typically fish in slack water ponds and only fish for an hour or 2 at a time, then yes, it will work just fine, but if you intent to fish in our local tidal waters and want to fish for more than an hour or 2, then no.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

Listen to Chris. Don’t take short cuts on TM or batterys, buy the best you can afford try a MK I pilot 24V 80#! You wont be sorry ,my I pilot is 6 years old and I don’t know how many hrs it has on it but on some days striper fishing it runs 8/9 hrs and battery are still strong