Went exploring

Managed to escape from work this morning. Got on the water about 11:30. Low tide changing. Headed to the creeks behind Bird island. Water real dirty muddy looking. Stoped at the creek mouth that I was going to go down and made a couple casts. Picked up a nice trout and missed a couple. Headed (down - up?) the creek. Spooked several fish working my way through. Come to a little open area. Fish pushing everywhere. Drifted up as close as I could get without using the trolling motor. First cast spooked a bunch of them. Kept working on them managed to get to nice reds 24 and 25 in. And then I spooked them good. There was another group just out of casting distance.I couldn’t get over to them with the trolling motor without scaring them too. Headed to the house. I’ll put my stickit back in the boat for a push poll. Maybe even take the kayak next time. Kind of tight back in there with a 22 ft boat.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Thanks for sharing that. You spend enough time UP a creek…there’s always something to see. It’s what you make of it and catching fish…well that just makes it better.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Thanks for Posting. I’ve been trying to get Ready to Go but seems like I get “Stuck”. I normally fish the SC side but really close to B.i.

I have yet to stick a Red. I’ve considered looking for them with a Quad (on a week day).