Any Audiophiles??

We installed some new rear pillar speakers in my son’s 99 Chevy S10, replacing the old fried OEM speakers. They worked fine for about 3 weeks and then a couple of days ago, no sound at all out of any of the speakers. We didn’t even have to fool with the stereo, we just pulled the old speakers and used the existing wires to hook up the new ones. The stereo turns on and functions fine with the exception of no sound. Does anyone have any idea what has happened or what I am missing?

No comments Peapod unless you are trying to help.

Thanks

D ; I WOULD START BY LOOKING FOR A BROKEN OR WIRE CONNECTION AT RADIO/STEREO , TRY CONNECTING SPEAKERS DIRECTLY TO UNIT OUTSIDE OF TRUCK WIRING… MY 2CTS WORTH

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Mute button? play with the fade and balance.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Yeah, guess I’ll have to pull the stereo and check wires. May just be coincidence but odd to have this happen 3 weeks after replacing old speakers. Looked for any kind of mute button but no dice. We’ll figure it out. Thanks guys!

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Stupid question, but do you have the proper source selected. I use am/fm, but sometimes hit the source button that take me to Sirius, which I don’t have.

Never mind. Reread. You said it functions fine.

D ; From doing electrical / mechanical work most my entire career revisiting area of most recent repairs/activities is in most cases the problem area due to inadvertant disturbing existing conditions , the last thing you want to do is dismiss these possibilities… Good luck !!!

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Are new speakers same impedance as old or higher, at least? If head unit expects 8 ohms and you hook up 4 ohm speakers, it overworks the head unit. Conceivably, could burn up the amp and it might take a little while for it to burn up.

Hope this isn’t the case. But, if so, truck should sound good with new speakers and new head unit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Thanks for all of the input, lots to think about and check. We actually have a new stereo to install, just haven’t had the time. If I can’t find a simple solution, may just rip out the old one and install the new one and see what happens.

Thanks again all!

Just got home from work. My son said the speakers started working again on his way to school this morning. I’m thinking short somewhere. Thanks again for all the input, you guys are great!