21 foot garage

How much boat can I squeeze in there? Trailer, motor, and all.

I talked to some Carolina skiff people and they said they can get an 18’ boat on a small trailer with the collapsible tongue in a 21’ garage. What else will fit?

That’s about it 18 foot is it and then you better be carrying your tape measure when you purchase a new boat if it needs to fit in there

Saw a garage a few years back that had a hole cut in the back wall to acomadate the motor so he could close the door. Have also seen a slot in a door for the hitch. Takes all kinds!

Guestimates…
18’ hull
2’ motor (down position)
2’ winch stand (maybe a little less if it tucks up under the bow)
0.5’’ tongue hinge.

20.5’ …about…

‘Seems like you’ll need right at 21’ of length to squeeze any 18’ boat in there.

Any boat manufacturer should be able to tell you the length of their product.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Do you have the option to put in at an angle. I have a friend who does that and parks the vehicles outside.

as soon as I get a chance I’m going to cut a hole in the front of my little trailer so my bike will fit

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

My 16’ American skiff fits in my 21’ garage, I put it in on a slight angle just to give a little extra room. The overall length from the tip of the tongue to the back of motor while down measures about 20’. My 22’ bay boat measures a little over 27’ overall length.

I manage my neighborhoods boatyard storage facility. On average for smaller boats (15-18’) the overall length is about the boat length plus 3-5’ extra (tongue and motor). The extra length range goes up as the boat length increases, 4-6’ for boats from 18-24’, and 6-8’ extra for boats bigger then that. It all varies based on the trailer manufacturer and how they balance the boat on the trailer, but those ranges are pretty accurate from what I have seen.

You shouldn’t have any trouble with a 17’ boat, 18’ and you will definitely need to measure.

you need to put a tape to the inside dimension. House plans are outside dimensions and the garage door is always on the inside and takes up another 4".

I have a friend in the neighborhood who did this too. I’m thinking 16-17’ is the size i’m looking for.

Thanks for the responses.

18ft and a swing hitch.