Kobe Bryant

It’s tragic he was killed. It is also just as tragic eight other souls were lost in that helicopter . I seen a montage this morning of reporters & late night TV hosts. Crying and saying what a great hero he was . Just cuz you can bounce a basketball throw a football so on. Does not make you a hero.true heroes are our military, first responders ,teachers families and friends how sacrifice their own self for others. 2 air Force pilots killed yesterday. Just briefly heard them mentioned in passing on the news this morning.but they went on for 5 minutes about Kobe. Sunday was a true heroes birthday. Major Richard (Snuffy) Rice. Over 600 missions piloting a huey in Vietnam. Unfortunately he’s not with us to celebrate it. He took his own life in the 80s. I know I probably get some flak over this post. But that’s just how I feel . When they blew by the 2 pilots killed it just p#*ed me off.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

No flak here. I have nothing against Kobe, but could careless about his sports career. I agree with you about our military deaths not getting enough media coverage. I’d like to see Hollywood and the media put that kind of coverage on our brightest school kids, college grads, doctors, and other exceptional people.

I wonder how many people knew that a retired Illinois State Trooper was murdered the day before he died? Sadly we live in a society that values athletes, celebrities and entertainers more than we do teachers, cops, firemen, plumbers, garbagemen and other just regular people. I get it, we love being entertained but, I’m already sick of hearing about what a great guy Kobe was.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Did not hear a thing about it until you said something.
https://fox43.com/2020/01/26/a-woman-shot-and-killed-a-former-state-trooper-and-injured-two-other-law-enforcement-officers-at-a-cigar-lounge/

I would agree…way too much hype over the death of a sports figure, sad as it may be. He did nothing more than play basketball…played it well, yes. But it was basketball. Yes, he may have been a good father, something sadly needed in today’s world. But, there were others on that helicopter that were good parents as well. It’s that kind of manufactured, hyped adoration of someone who did nothing to advance society that has put us in the current political situation that we find ourselves in.

When in doubt, this is as far as you need to go to: http://www.cmohs.org/

If the media would report on Trump the way they are still doing Kobe, he’d be a national hero too. [:I]:smiley:

Athletes and actors are this country’s idols. Most in this country worship and praise them. Pretty easy to see why this happens really. If most held God in that manner, no telling what this country could do!

They would go broke…apparently, God has told Paula

Washington (CNN)It was “Power Night” at the City of Destiny church on Sunday and Pastor Paula White was urging her congregation to pony up.

“I want you to hear from God. God already spoke to me what I’m going to write out. You’re going to write your checks to Paula White Ministries,” White preached. “If God tells you to give $12.99, do it. Whatever the Holy Spirit speaks to you. If you need to give by credit card, do so.”

White regularly urges those in her pews to donate to her ministry, promising that God will bless them with wealth and “visions” in return. She sometimes warns her followers that their “dream will die” if they don’t.

Rather than adhering to biblical teaching, she tells those who listen to her sermons that they will be rewarded for sending her money. And she promises “visions” from God for those who send her “ministry” more cash. “We aren’t buying a miracle,” she stresses. “We’re simply being obedient.” Right.

This time, the televangelist was doing it as a newly minted White House official.

Hahaha. leave it to Polly.

Dam skippy

Leave it to an atheist. Sorry you had such a bad experience from a false prophet in your youth. It’s a shame when someone Uses Religion for personal gain, I totally agree with you on that. Just remember all it takes is a simple opening of your heart and true repentance and your slate is wiped clean. True Christians are not like that evil false pastor you had, don’t dismiss us all. Life is short, eternity is forever. GOD is Great!

Poly is like that weird family member. When when they do something dumb. Everybody just says oh well that’s just Polly. You have to over look him.

Great Americans

https://apnews.com/4aaed6e9dfe8e046dc02f03165b22b74

Do good fathers cheat on their Wives? Did this guy fish? Who are we talking about again?

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

No man left behind. I think that’s awesome. Says a lot for the town. My wife and I donated are grave sites to the VFW. Come to find out memorial gardens charge them a $500 transfer fee. Pi#*ed me off.

trump cheated on his, paid hush money to keep both quiet. I know of a pastor from a local church , that used to have sex with many women of the congregation, what’s your question again?

Im right with you offthechain! Our active duty and veterans are the true heroes. Kobe played a great game of B-ball no doubt. Why is it when one of our true heroes falls, they don’t get any kind of media coverage…? Not that they would want it anyway. Those boys aren’t doing it for the fame, they do it to defend this country we all love.

F/V Tinny will live forever

[quote]

What do you consider many… 3/10/20? Was that the one that you said turned you away from God? Hopefully none of those evil two timing women were related to you.