Bedroom Biometric Pistol Safes

Thoughts…like this so far.

https://www.libertysafe.com/handgun-vault-hdx-150-smart-vault-ps-31-pg-108.html

NN

All this technology we are using now. Was just TV shows 25 years ago.
I use the Hornady quick safe for the truck.
https://youtu.be/TQa8rqX3IVs

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I don’t have any young children in my house so no safe for individual, defensive weapons. I have several weapons “secured” around the house I can get to if needed. That one looks pretty good though.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

My EDC goes no a magnet on the headboard. We keep safes in our vehicles for doctor’s appointment and such.
The extractor broke on my EDC (P365) this afternoon on the range. Very disappointing. May be hesitant to carry it again. Back to old faithful m&p shield 40.

Thanks for the replies.

Dang, OTC, been thinking of getting a P365…watched a few vid’s on em. Couple guys at work recommend them.

How many rounds do ya have through it??

Will see.
NN

I’m guessing close to a thousand. I’ve carried it for a little over a year. I really like the gun. Shoots good like the sites has a fairly decent trigger.
Call sig today.

The extractor broke on my EDC (P365) this afternoon on the range. Very disappointing. May be hesitant to carry it again. Back to old faithful m&p shield 40.

I had to send my P320 back because it had a defective fire control. They ended up sending me a new fire control, which was somewhat of a pain because it’s the only serialized part. Customer service with Sig was top notch and they sent me a bunch of free stuff for my trouble. My shield 9mm is my EDC though…

Narcosis

Have one of the finger print safes (gun vault, I think). The style that the top of the box opens on a pressure piston. Two issues. First, I’ve had to replace the piston twice in about 4 years. Out of warranty. Had to pay for parts. Second, I do enough rough work with my hands that my finger prints can sometimes be torn up enough that I cannot open the safe that way and have to resort to key presses.

Because I sometimes could not get into that style box, I bought a second safe. The style that mounts vertically and drops open. Since gravity opens that open, it never fails. Also, saved a little money and did without the biometric. A 4 digit code is secure enough to keep the grand kids safe and easily entered in a matter of about a second to get the safe open.

Neither safe is quiet. When the pressure piston is in good shape in the flat style, it makes a pretty load clunk when it reaches the end of its travel. The second safe can be ‘caught’ as it opens to keep it from making as much racket. But, neither is quiet.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Called sig this morning they gave me two options. Ship the gun back at their expense. Or send me a new extractor. I opted for the new extractor.
To be more back on topic. That’s the reason I went with the hornaday safes. My fingers get beat up pretty bad also. And I really didn’t trust the technology that much.

Appears Sig is going to take care of the failure. Glad to see that.

Honestly, the pistol safe is gonna be for my sons Bday coming up end of Feb. New grandson (I know, no need yet). But, with the other family/friends over there with kids, makes sense. Actually thinking about the HDX350 due to the larger storage/shelf. Will see soon.

Again, Thanks for the replies!
NN