Black Sea Bass

A few years ago we went to about 100 feet off Edisto and had very good luck on large black sea bass. Can’t remember the exact date but we were talking about the resent super boll so it must have been this time of year.
Question; Were we just lucky in finding these large sea bass or did the time of year have anything to do with it?
Next question; If someone has a secret giant sea bass honey hole, would you be so kind and send me the exact lat/lon numbers? (just kidding)

If these fish tend to congregate this time of year we plan to give it a try.

Thanks in advance!

You can catch those large sea bass much closer in this time of year. I have a few spots that I might share. Do you have a place on Edisto?

If you just rode out to 100ft and dropped bait, you were lucky. If you saw hard bottom or structure, that’s different. Like was said, 50-60 ft produce some nice ones during the winter. Other fish move closer too.

Here are some numbers , good luck!

45-328.8
60-333.9

They’re moving, just like the shrimp, headed for cooler water

The center of the black sea bass population has moved 200 miles and is projected to shift north by another 150 miles by 2100, Pinsky said. … It’s a source of frustration for many Connecticut fishermen, who can only watch as fishermen from North Carolina invade their waters to catch their quotas of black sea bass.

100ft holds the giant seabass year round. The best way to catch big bottom fish is fish where others don’t.

Thank ya’ll. We are “fixin” to give it a go. No Striker I don’t live on Edisto. I live on the Morgan river.

Don’t think Thursday will be a good day. Can ya’ll believe the forecast of 50 mph winds?
Thanks again!

ZX