Sunday Sheeps!

Headed to the reef for a day of fun! Pretty epic day with a boat limit, and countless releases! Also got into the seabass really thick after we moved off our original anchoring spot. started getting crowded around 11 - 11:30 ish. I think there were over 20 boats at last count. What a great day on the water! The biggest fish being a little over 7 lbs

Well done on that trip and some good sized fish! I have always fished inshore for them during the summer. I know they move to the nearshore reefs during the winter but I have never tried it myself. I am sure you have to use a good bit of weight to keep it down there?

weight size varies depending on the moon, just like inshore fishing. typical 1-1 1/2 oz but with big moon tide, 2-3 oz worked fine. Just like anything, you gotta experiment! Go give it a try sometime! It is different fishing!

how deep of water will the sheeps be in this time of year?

26 regulator “OutKast” 18 Parker

Looked like the Caison at R8 is the only number some folks have in their GPS. Talk about a crowded piece of structure. Nice work on the sheepies.

_______________________ After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Not familiar with “Caison at R8”. Is this reef known by another name or DNR’s “PA number” ?

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

That’s some inshore green water! Nice haul

Capt. R. Killin 21 Contender "Killin Time"

I know a little bit about the inshore reef but I’ve never had any luck on catching a sheep head if you don’t mind me asking what kind of bait do you use???

Caison (32 44.422/079 34.545) is just one of the piece of sunk debris at Capers R-8 reef which has a depth listed as 20-45 feet

Thanks djhurayt

BadBob

Polar 1910 BB 150 Johnson
“Convict Hunter”

If you ain’t the lead dog then the scenery never changes

Capt Fritz, You can say that for sure! It was getting tight on that piece, that’s why we moved! I saw you. IDT we have actually meet, but have seen each other a time or 30!

any nearshore structure should hold them. Capers, 4KI, Edisto nearshore to name a few areas.

Fiddlers or live shrimp

OYSTERS IN BAIT WRAPS IS THE BEST I’VE EVER FOUND !!!:smiley:

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown