sunday/monday 3/1-2

haven’t been out in a couple months and have been itching. weather looking doable for now. have blackfins been in close or do you have to go to the ledge to find them? bait of choice?

Going on Sunday if it holds as well. My plan is small plugs fished way way back for the tuna bite and a couple bigger wahoo lures up closer on the 50’s

============ 282 GW Sailfish

Definitely Going, mother nature hasn’t given any slack lately. Def hoo’s out there, but the temperatures are the most interesting thing :astonished:

Sportsman 252 Open

JSC - what do you mean by interesting? Looking at the SST’s online it looks like a really well defined rip along the ledge. Just wondering if I’m missing something. Thanks

We going Sunday for hoos and blackfin.

26 regulator “OutKast” 18 Hewes Redfisher

I am saying interesting as in , excited, and so early in the year and cant wait to get out there in the morning! The temperature rips are so well defined, currents, and up/down wellings, all seem to be favorable…Really just excited to get out, enjoy the ocean and work out the early year kinks!

As of now looks like a nice day, well be out standing by on 65, hope everyone that plans to go has a great day, would love for this forum to turn back into what it used to be years ago when it was helpful and not ignorant hateful, arguing, **** talking and nothin more than lets make fun of something etc…

Good Luck

REEL SatisFYD
JDG / HG
Riggin Out Charters, LLC

Sportsman 252 Open

Forgot to hit the reply to quote, anyway, yeah i stare at the temps, Ripcharts mainly, premium subscription, for 3 years now, even still purchasing the ever so expensive Roff Report, just to analyze, learn and get better at the most amazing hobby in the world…So far been spot on to a degree, anyway hope to see others out!

Always backup plan of inshore sheeps! I keep getting asked to “lets go sheeps head …” nope , i need land to disapear! :wink:

Sportsman 252 Open

Forgot to hit the reply to quote, anyway, yeah i stare at the temps, Ripcharts mainly, premium subscription, for 3 years now, even still purchasing the ever so expensive Roff Report, just to analyze, learn and get better at the most amazing hobby in the world…So far been spot on to a degree, anyway hope to see others out!

Always backup plan of inshore sheeps! I keep getting asked to “lets go sheeps head …” nope , i need land to disapear! :wink:

Sportsman 252 Open

Well I can’t wait for the reports. The question is how the seas are off 50-80 miles…where I gots to fish out of Savannah. The Land Mass blocks the wind out to about 30 miles. After that???

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

We ended up trolling ballyhoo around sw banks and ended up with a 40# wahoo. no strikes after 11 so we bottom fished on the way in. ocean was nice- ran 32 out, 35 in. you guys find anything?

Never made it out. Struck out finding even a three-man crew… Adding names to my fishing list…

Thanks for the reports, Sux the rest of us were stuck on land. I really hope the water is warm enough this year to bring up the Yellow Fins! yep, one was caught “somewhere south of the GT Hole” as I hear it last year. Maybe we will get some action in the years to come!

Congrats on the Wahoo. Was planning o seeing a bunch of fish posted. The south ledge is where to be in this shot.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Amazing what a little rain will do to move the stream around.

Too bad I missed it. I had other issues:

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

True facts! Plus with the wind and waves now, it will be mid-week before any small boys can get back out there in some sense of comfort. lol I’m shooting for the last part of the first week of April at the drop of GTH.

Polishchacha 248 Commander

Ended up with one nice hoo, with hopes to find nice early mahi, but never tried, sonar temp sensor decided to go funky of course!

Sportsman 252 Open