Shad report

The shad are definitely here but the water is still high and the current is still strong. Fishing in the line close to shore where the deeper water met the shallower water was productive. I couldn’t get a bite on the jigs with yellow grubs but did have some action on the sabikis. I had three different kind of sabikis and the one I only had one of was getting far more action then the others but that broke in the first 15 minutes. I had like 8 on 4 made it to the cooler. It wasn’t that crowded but it wasn’t the weekend either. I heard reports that the action has been pretty good. The people all around me caught more then I did in the time I was there. I’d say close to 20 was the top boat around me. They had 5 Oz’s on sabiki rigs, I fished 2 to 4 but seemed to have better action with the 4. I didn’t have the best sabiki rigs so I can’t make any suggestions. The one I lost that seemed to have good action was called Pline.

Thanks 40 ,you’re a swell guy.It’s time for me to go shaddin ,that’s what my pap called it.