Spring fishing

The water has warmed a lot lately and the action has increased and patterns have shifted. The reds seem to be roaming around more and are hitting hard when you find them biting. The small black drum have either moved in or became more active because I’ve been catching them a good bit lately when sheepshead fishing. The sheep’s bite has been good and seemed to oof picked up a little more and I’m catching a lot more small ones. The trout bite has been good from what I’ve seen while I was sheepshead fishing, most trout were small though. The bait seems to be pretty active now. I’ve been seeing schools of glass minnows, small schools of finger mullet, larger mullet, lots of mud minnows and the fiddlers have been active. The fish were liking the fiddler crabs a lot the other day. We caught reds, black drum and sheep’s head all on fiddlers and by structure on the incoming tide. I caught the reds on fiddlers and had live and cut mullet out that never got touched. Kept two for dinner. One of them taste better then the other.