Fishing in March can be feast of famine

When fishing in March, what a difference a day can make! One day feast. The next day famine. However, with the water temperature rising, the odds are turning more and more in our favor. Just this week, I have seen several schools of Redfish actively crushing schools of finger mullet. Pretty much any lure you cast into the melee produces a strike. Although, I have not yet got one on top water. Z-Man StreakZ 3.75 on EyeStrike Finesse jig (I hear a really good looking guy helped them to develop the Finesse jig), has been the go to combo as of late. Finesse TRD always catches fish too. As we end the month there will be more feast and less famine.

He is one handsome sob

Love it! BTW how is the new skiff? Enjoying being up close and personal again? I know I would be as I push this big pig of a boat up shallow and drag the bottom plenty! LOL, nice fish and thanks for all the contributing you do; always a pleasure to read your posts and see pics you share. Best to you and yours!

Chuck D 2018 Pathfinder 2300 HPS Yamaha 250 SHO

Been enjoying the new Salt Marsh Skiff. It is simple, stable and shallow. Hope the boat landings open soon so I can get her out again. Missing the early morning top water bite.

NICE! Looks great and looks to be a super fishable platform. Yeah, the early topwater bite has to be getting really good right now. We have some MONSTER tides coming our way this week so that boat would be ideal to get in to water we are not getting in to with these Pathfinders we have! Enjoy!

Chuck D Pathfinder 2300 HPS Yamaha 250 SHO