Ramps

I just got wind of the closing of ALL boat ramps with the excuse that many people were in groups, rafting, etc.

Such a knee jerk!

Every one suffers because of some idiots. WHY didn’t DNR, sheriff etc bust it up, write a fine. Take names?.??

99% of boaters are not near anyone. Alone in their boat…

Sportsman resent such a ignorant, over cautious move.

Why not STOP ALL New Yorkers from coming Thru SC? They are more a threat than boaters!

Our boats allow us to get out and feed our families. We eat a lot of what fish.

Can you help in thus?

David Major

I have been prepared the boat, new hubs on trailer for 75 mile trip to MP, ordering tackle ( Z-Man, Trout Eye jigs) to go fishing as many times as possible this spring. Now this BS- Boating/ fishing is totally different that people on the beach. throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Larry

01 Scout 177 w/ 150 hpdi

Agree…
Write our Senators & House…
https://www.scstatehouse.gov/senate.php

Make their ears burn!

DRMajor

If you opt to connect with your Senators, cite your mental well being and the mental well being of those fishing with you as the COVID19 thing is stressing everyone out and fishing is helping in a therapeutic manner. Otherwise you are pissing in the wind, they’ll ignore you and this tactic still may not work… Worth a shot; appeal to them from a risk avoidance angle vs. just telling them this is BS and they made a bad call. Just my $.02…

Chuck D 2018 Pathfinder 2300 HPS Yamaha 250 SHO

It would have been easier to control the two sandbars where 90% of these idiots were hanging out than to close all of the ramps to all of us who follow the rules. This is liberal rhetoric, gun control, removing our rights because of a few idiots. Get ready because Joe Cunningham is pushing the governor to issue a stay at home order. By tomorrow it will be a crime to leave your house! Can y’all guess I’m mad?

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"

Mount Pleasant is supposedly shutting it down this afternoon, whatever that means.

_______________________ After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

It’s starting to feel like the government is trying to see how much they can get away with. And it’s really starting to irritate me.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Sent this message to Governor McMaster, all SC Senators and Congressmen today:
On March 30, 2020, the Governor of South Carolina, Henry McMaster, issued an emergency declaration to close all public parks, including boat ramps, in South Carolina in response to the COVID-19 threat. I am urging all South Carolina members of Government to reconsider this emergency declaration. How much is too much? Does the government aim to remove all of our civil liberties to combat COVID-19? Does the closure of boat ramps to all recreational boaters really have a considerable impact on limiting exposure of COVID-19?

I fear that the emergency declarations across the Nation are overstepping in their attempt to deter COVID-19. The argument of “if we can save just 1 life” should not be a standard in determining what civil liberties the Government should take away. Human beings are not meant to live in isolation. I would just ask that law makers and representatives not make decisions in haste. All forms of recreation are not equal in their threat to the health and well-being of the many.

Bigger mess than either 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Labor Day for two weekends in a row. Waterways and public landings packed and no it wasn’t just single families in boats. Borrowed the pics from Penny I don’t think she will mind. I totally understand why they shut us down, but it stinks for those with common sense paying for those that don’t have any.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

Can’t fit that crowd in my jon boat…
Nor do I want to…

DRMajor

I live in a community with a private boat ramp. It was closed today due to “needed repairs”.
Real reason-dopey behavior on the part of residents and our “younger” folks out of school and bored using ramp for other than its stated purpose.

16' Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat 25hp Yammy 4 stroke

Bust the chops of the offenders----Not us… Knee Jerk again…

DRMajor

Here’s another viewpoint. Look at it from LEO standpoint. I was on the water Sunday being responsible. There were more people on the water Sunday than on the 4th of July. Lots of these folks fired up their boat for the first time this season, can’t safely operate their boat, break down, get stranded, etc, etc. There are not enough on the water LEO to break up all the rafting, full boats, sandbars that I saw just in the Wando River, much less all of our waterways. We are supposed to social distance for a reason. Do you want this to ever end? How bout instead of writing letters threatening to vote the governor out, you listen to him and do what he asks you? I really can’t understand this reaction. My opinion.

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

CORRECT…

I am in high risk group…+71.

If offenders are punished- fined, the word will spread FAST and there will be less. Likely the fine has to be large enough to mean some thing.

On the Blue Ridge Parkway, bikers were using it as a race track. Being a federal park, the ticket didn’t go on driving record and the $50 fine was considered the cost of admission. So, now the fine starts at $500… Word got out fast. Had the intended effect.

DRMajor

Optiker nailed it! We just want to end this mess it ain’t that hard to put up with restrictions temparily to speed up the process. I finally had to remove myself from the Boat Life page because of the lunacy, chest thumping and I will do what I want attitudes in the majority there.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha 250

OPTIKER; I BELIEVE THAT MOST OF THESE CHEST THUMPERS ARE THE ONES THAT WERE NEVER TOLD NO IN LIFE AND GOT PARTICIPATION AWARDS FOR SHOWING UP. THEY ARE SELF CENTERED AND CARE LESS ABOUT THE AFFECTS THEIR ACTIONS MIGHT HAVE ON THEIR FELLOW MAN;;; MY OPINION …

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I agree with Drmajor. Make the fines a $1000 that will wake them up. It would take a lot less manpower to patrol the sandbars than it would The landings.

And all this does is make a way for people take advantage of this. City pissing away money having these guys sit out in the middle of the water to stop people using the ramp. But a hundred yards up I can spend $10 and go out? I call BS.

Commercial bait license $25 fixs the problem but what a rip off. I have to crab pots and a minnow trap out there.

In my lifetime I’ve maybe seen DNR on the island in Cherry Grove a half a dozen times.my neighbor has been out there fishing off the dock last week seen him three times checking licenses.
I rode by The landing a couple times over the weekend at the icw. No sign of DNR

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I call BS also.Why should rich A-holes be allowed out on the water and not us just because they have built on our waterways ruining them.You guys that agree with the shutdown will be the first ones to hand in your guns when the government tells you to.

Thanks Dave, couldn’t have said it better myself. I crossed over the Congaree River Sunday on Hwy 601 bridge, and about a quarter of a mile upstream were 7 boats tied side-by-side across the river. Those are the kind of people that caused the shutdown. Those and the ones that DNR has had to run off the sandbars only to return and find them right back at it. I hear the calls that come in everyday regarding people refusing to practice social distancing. Its okay to be an idiot but, those same idiots are the ones that will infect others.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?