Shooting Clays in Marsh??

Is it legal if i used biodegradable clays and steel shot to shoot clays in the middle of the marsh on my boat? i live on James island and am going to lose my mind with all this coronavirus nonsense! Might be frowned upon but i would clean up all shells and anything else i can.
i would probably do it near the stono
please let me know and stay safe

I just looked through DNR web sight and couldn’t find anything?. I’d call and ask. 1-800-922-5431 and then I’d be very selective that you were shooting over public and not private marsh if ok…

Let us know what you find out.

Ill give em a call and let you know what i find! thanks for the number

F/V Tinny will live forever

Do it all the time. Have had DNR come up to me and I asked if there was a problem and they said ‘ nope’

Did they say anything about steel or lead shot?

Nope.

I believe some of the “dolphin tour” type boats advertise this as one of the activities available. Standard clays, lead shot good to go. I have thought about it doing it but I don’t want to take my guns or thrower out there. There are only a select few people that I will get close to with a hand thrower, wife and kid not being in that list fo sho. Don’t stop, follow through, like hitting a tennis ball. Everybody wants to stop, thats when bad things happen.

Mount it to an old tire.
Or a piece of plywood big enough to stand on.
https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/targets-accessories/throwers/trius-92s-trap-sku692000032-41002-77507.aspx?cm_mmc=cse--Itwine--shopzilla-_-692-000-032&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=connexity&utm_campaign=itwine&utm_content=692-000-032

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I’ve got a battery powered, foot control Do All on a swivel mint that is bad to the bone. P