wear and tear of in the water boat storage

I am looking at buying a used boat (24 ft) (450 hours). The boat has been in a wet slip for a few years. It appears to be in good shape but how much harder is the storage in the saltwater environment on the boat and motor than out of the water. My only experience is with boats stored on trailers and even then, saltwater can be harsh.

if the boat is properly maintained, bottom cleaned and painted annually, zincs replaced and proper engine service, it should be fine.
The only issue we normally see, is the tilt trim system on the motor sometimes doesnt get the love it should, and same for trim tabs.

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com IF I RESPOND IN ALL CAPS, ITS NOT ON PURPOSE, AND I AM NOT YELLING

have it checked out by a trusted reputable service dealer , personally i would try to cris v to lend an opinion if he would…just my 2cts

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown