Edisto Sharks 5/4-5/8

Hi all. I had a reservation at Edisto State Park beach campground this past week and had a really great week of fishing. I’m part of the land based shark fishing persuasion

, so that was my target and boy howdy, did I get it!!! First off, the fact that they weren’t letting day trippers in meant that the beach was nearly deserted, which added to the pleasure of my week, and I will probably never get that again, so I am reveling in it :slight_smile: thank you to Soggybottom for stopping by to say hi! This past week was epic! Monday 5/4 got into town and fun fished for a little while. Didn’t catch anything, but so nice to be in the surf again. 5/5 started at sunrise and managed 3 sharks, a 5’ male sandbar, a 6’ female blacktip who was pregnant, and another 6’ male blacktip. 5/6 had a lot of runs with tentative fish but managed my personal best, an 8’2" female sand tiger shark. 5/7 got a 5’6" female blacktip and a 7’2" male sand tiger, then 5/8 got a 6’ female blacktip and a 6’2" male sandbar right before I had to pack up and check out. All sharks released unharmed to fight another day. What an awesome week. Thanks to all the bystanders who helped me land, measure, and take pictures of these beautiful creatures. Thursday and Friday morning, I have never seen the Atlantic so calm up here. Reminded me of Floridas gulf coast. It was amazing. Here are pictures of the sharks. Not in order of appearance, because I tried to upload files that were too big, initially, but you get the point. Wow, what a great week!

[img]/for

Solid stuff,. Were any of the sharks tagged.

No sharks were tagged, they were all virgins. I’ve been heavily considering getting involved in the scdnr shark tagging program though. I would be elated to contribute to the research and conservation of these beautiful creatures.

Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.