TM plug question

Have a 24v (80 lb thrust) trolling motor (MK Riptide, 2009). Fairly certain the plug and/or receptacle is shot so was going to replace both sides. It is currently a two-prong plug and receptacle. Only 2 wires on the TM side. When I removed the receptacle side and pulled it out, there were 2 wires connected to the receptacle and a 3rd taped to them but not connected. Looking on West Marine site they display a Sierra brand in different versions - one with 2 prongs that is shown as 12v and another with 3 prongs that is shown as 24v. Am I supposed to have the 3 prong? If so, how do I connect the plug on the TM side since there are only 2 wires coming from the TM?

I have a 3 prong plug for my Minn Kota. It’s 36 volts but it’s still just two wires. I like it because it is a twist lock and stays more secure.lMO
They’re numbered on the back side where you hook up the wires just match the numbers.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

The two wire plug is all you need. The Sierra plug is ok if your plug is somewhere that is fairly dry. These plugs don’t last long if they get sprayed because they have little to no seal on them. The Minn Kota plug is better as far as a seal goes. West had a plug a while back in their west Ashley store that looked to be of better quality than the Sierra and MK but I cannot remember the name brand. I just remember thinking the next time mine died I was going to upgrade. Regardless of what you buy put some grease on the plug to help ward off the salt.

sierra ones suck and so do the marinco, go look at the Battery Tender trolling motor plugs. More money but the design is way better, stronger, and actually water tight.

BKW