Bank Roll - May 13th

Got the guys and family packed up Tuesday night in hopes of the forecast remaining good enough to take the wife and son. Headed out of Remleys around 0430 along with a ■■■■■ of other boats. Plan was to head north of 226/380 and look for the temp break then work back down southeast. Ended up finding 73/74 degree water in about 350ft with no weeds but flyers… Dropped lines and within 5 mins had a flat line clip slammed and the Penn 30 started screaming… within seconds a HUGE Blue started tail walking about 50 yards behind the boat. It immediately went on another long run taking about 300 yards of mono with it. Everyone was scrambling around trying to get in other lines in and start working the boat towards it when POW… break off after about a 10 minute fight. Ended up getting some decent video of it jumping a good ways away from the boat. Everyone was stoked and ready for the day now. Stayed in that area and picked at the dolphin for another 2-3 hours while we listened to what seemed like every other boat either see or hook up with a blue. Around 1100 we headed to the semi weed line in 1000ft or so that the other 2500 boats had found and worked already and hopped in line hoping to pick off a few. After about 30 mins of what seemed to be a ton of yuppie captains making life hard we decided we would head a little deeper and try our own thing. No luck with anything deeper other than rougher water so we decided to head back into 300-500ft and look for the warmer water again. Found it around 1:00pm and dropped lines. Picked up another 3-4 dolphin and around 3:00pm saw a billfish heading for the spread quick and in a hurry. He knocked down 2 lines before finally getting hooked up and for the second time in the day we were hooked up with another huge Blue. We were able to get lines in quicker this time and fought hard for approx. 30 mins before he broke off within 100 yards of the boat. Everyone was pretty disappointed but super excited to be given the opportunity to hook up twice with the man in the blue suit. All in

That sounded like a red letter day to me! Glad you shared it with those like me that couldn’t make it out. Congrats on hooking up not once but twice with a Blue, that’s exciting in anybody’s book.

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"

Curious about causes of break-offs…lines, hooks, knots?

Love the pictures and video! Wish this board had more people contributing. This is really late (took a while to get approved for posts), but here are some pictures from April 28, 2020. A ridiculously calm day - almost too calm.

No activity on The Ledge or SW Banks at first. Plenty of Dolphins though.

Headed to G Town Hole and saw no action but a ton of boats. Saw plenty of weed lines and flyers everywhere. After a little time, we headed back southeast to the old munitions dumping ground, about 1400’ deep. We’re now about 70 miles from port. Saw a weed line and a gold mylar balloon and trolled towards it. After passing, we had 4 blue dolphins hooked. Total chaos since we only had 4 people on board! Landed 2 of them. Ended up with 6 in the bag that day (Faces blocked out since playing hooky that day).

Finished the afternoon with a quick swim in their </font id=“Arial Black”>world!

Thanks Jim!!

There used to be a lot more people contributing and it was a lot of fun. The new format makes it cumbersome and frustrating to post anything. Posting pictures is difficult for no reason…

The reason you don’t see as much activity here as you used to is that other forums are way easier to use. I personally hate facebook and don’t contribute, but even facebook is simpler.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I’m with Ricky, I have been trying to start a new thread for several weeks and just gave up. I HATE this new format and, like Ricky, do NOT do Fakebook. Looks y’all had a killer day.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Yuppie Captain? I have been fishing offshore of Charleston for 40+ years, first I ever heard of this…do they wear penny loafers and pinstripe shorts?

At least my monkey is still alive…

Amen Brother. If I lose my original Bonzo-made avatar, I don’t know what I’ll do.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

[quote="Originally posted by 23Sailfishs

Boy I’m real observant.I just realized what you meant by your monkey being alive.[br"]

At least my monkey is still alive…

[/quote]

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.