Asheepoo on Friday

Went out Of Bennet's point and fished the last two hours of out going just a small ways from landing. Nothing on artificial and a few on Frozen shrimp under a cork. Slack tide we packed up and headed way up the river to a known hot spot, water had no salt taste were it normally does and we did nothing. Headed back down river for a couple of hours of incoming and still nothing on artificial but a few caught under a cork and also bottom fishing with the dead shrimp. No Trout, just spot tail all in the 16-18" range. Let em all go. Wife already had supper planned. there was a time I wouldn't have been able to do that. Got stopped by DNR not far from landing and got to talk with Two Very nice men in a nice Contender, nothing but good people.

We did pick up a couple pounds of roe shrimp for $8.99lb before leaving the landing.

On anyone getting a gator tag, only saw one monster up in Deere Creek, but the 3-5' range were everywhere. Maybe the most I've ever seen in in one outing aside from a few nights with depredation tags in a duck pond
Replies

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages
I know how you feel,it is strange to let them go. I started releasing some a few years ago if I wasn’t gonna cook that day.Also I began to catch some tagged fish,it makes you think.Is the old cabin still there at deer creek.There wasn’t no monster gators back when me and my crew ran that area.
I know how you feel,it is strange to let them go. I started releasing some a few years ago if I wasn’t gonna cook that day.Also I began to catch some tagged fish,it makes you think.Is the old cabin still there at deer creek.There wasn’t no monster gators back when me and my crew ran that area.Originally posted by sman
-

Lightsey Brothers property and yes old cabin is still there. The property is split among a few in disagreement, or so I believe...… Last I was up there a big pine was blocking most of creek near the old cabin. Funny you say no gators.... How long ago? (**() gators need to be thinned out.... the tagging system (IMO) just promotes leaving all but the biggest go. I personally prefer 6' and under tail. smile

I've caught a few spot tail and I've only caught one tagged fish. I guess where I fish they just don't get tagged. question
I said no monster gators because we kept them thinned out.haha I reckon that’s why they put them on the endangered species list.Another dumass move by the government.
I said no monster gators because we kept them thinned out.haha I reckon that’s why they put them on the endangered species list.Another dumass move by the government.Originally posted by sman

Gotcha! I don't think they ever really needed to go on the endangered list. They are more nocturnal and if you see one in the day, there'll be 10 at night, if not more.
You got that right buddy, I hope I never have to go for a swim at night with all these gators around nowadays.
Frozen shrimp under a cork? Man, you are killing me! Challenge accepted sir!

Fishing Nerd

"No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else."

...well, some fishing too!
Who knew you fished anymore
Frozen shrimp under a cork? Man, you are killing me! Challenge accepted sir!

Fishing Nerd

"No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool... nothing else."

...well, some fishing too!Originally posted by StumpNocker

Ok they got thawed out before being put on the hook. Hit the right spots at the right time and they'll eat almost anything. You know this. smile
Who knew you fished anymoreOriginally posted by PeaPod

Got a trip lined up to go after some Yellow fin, I'll be happy with a few fresh dolphin. Hope the back stands it.

So how ya been Peapad? Hope all is well with you!
All good here. I got a new phone that doesn’t seem to like this site. Or maybe Andy forgot to pay the bill. I think dfreedom blocked me on his phone. I’ve been waiting on Popo reports from Atlantic Beach for weeks now

• >
  • >>
  • of 2 pages