Combahee

brims was slayed

beers was drank

large times was had

Replies

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages
Maybe that's it LE,redbreast may be easier to catch for the big cats.We need more drunken redneck bush hook fellas camping out and catching more cats.haha.I just can't do it anymore.I did have a big cat grab a redbreast I had on the line last year,tore the gears out of my ultralight rig.
We caught a fair mix of both, but I think overall more quality redbreast than bluegill.

They seemed to have slightly different holding spots, at least for the fact that I always fall back to slip corking with bait. The redbreasts were super tight to the bank on steep edges and the gills seemed to be in the dead pockets. I'd say we targeted more of the former habitat and less of the latter this time around, so that may account for it.

Found pockets of bluegill where we could pull 10 of em, but rarely got more than a couple redbreasts off a good looking spot. Not surprised, those little rivers still manage to produce bream day in and day out for the folks working it, and there's plenty of us now. Saw a few stumpknockers, shellcrackers, and mollies too, but i regret to report that I got lazy and never targeted a jackfish. Hardly anybody caught a crappie and there's usually a mix of them too.

• <<
  • <
  • of 2 pages