Boiled peanuts

So I have tried my fair amount of boiled peanuts. Cajun to me is my favorite. I have tried mama’s near Kenny’s tires off17, guy across from culver’s on main st Summerville, flea market and a few more here and there. So my son in law goes to a highly reviewed spot near mr k in summervile. Gives them to me and says they are aweful. I look at them and they are drenched in Texas Pete and soaked in vinegar. Never seen this before or heard of it. I love Texas Pete on fried chicken wings and vinegar on my sub or tiauana mama. What gives? I know everyone has a different spinoff on cooking but this method? I rinsed them off twice in the sink and they are barely Managable. I can eat a pound in a half of the usual Cajun in a sitting but this is strange.

Some people can mess up good things. I have never heard of doing that before.
The next time you are on Hwy61 give Timbo a try . I think he’s only there Thursday thru Sunday.

Double D.

Straight up fresh Green boiled in salty water is my favorite. Don’t care for all the flavored varieties. My favorite source to buy from is Benton’s At Snyder’s Cross roads (hwy 21 & 63) . They are hit and miss right now with Spanish coming out of Florida. Went this weekend to pick up Dad a bag and they were out went to Grubers stand across from Walmart after my daughter told me they had em and picked up a small bag of Spanish from them. They were good but very pricey at $6.00 a bag. Had some beautiful local produce but I couldn’t do the price.

Many prefer the Spanish reds, but I like to wait for the local big whites.

Fred has it right.

The place by Mr K’s used to be good, but I haven’t had good ones from there in a long while. There’s a place in Lexington that I get them on the way to my mother in laws that are excellent…but I really haven’t found anyone local that can hold a candle to the way my dad used to make them.

Fresh spanish reds

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

I like getting the cajun ones that have sitting in the bottom of the pot for about 3 weeks and are soft and spicy!

Hell yeah !¡!!!

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Koth’s in Beaufort used to have the best but, they’ve been closed many years now. Cromer’s in Columbia are pretty good. I’m old school, I prefer them the old fashioned way.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

??? No way! Three weeks in a pot?! maybe one hour soaking after fully cooked to soak up a little extra salt… 3 Weeks?! You need to come by the house when we do a big pot of some fresh ones. :smiley:

Why not just boil them your self? Not hard to do an then you can
add anything you want to them.
From extra salt, cajain or what ever you like.