1000# tiger shark.

In the last two weeks i have shark fished extremely hard and finally it all came together. We had 7 lines in with James having two, Noah 3 and me 2 and there all lined up and we’re waiting to hear a reel scream or see a glow stick move. Well I don’t remember if Noah’s rod moved or reel screamed but as I walk toward my 80wide and passed his rod I noticed my rod shook a little like I was about to get a run and as I walk up to it he hooks up on one of his rods right behind me. I get to my rod and I can tell a sharks messing with it so I pick it up with no belt or harness and get ready to feed it line. I let it run in free spool and then push up the drag to set the hook after a short run. The hook sets and it starts pulling 30 or 40#s of drag easily and I know it’s a good shark right away, at least 8ft. I bump the drag up to strike to find out how big it is, which at strike is at least around 60#s of drag and this stops every fish I have ever caught. The only things to pull this much or more drag on my rod has gotten away do to pulled hooks and popped lines. This fish pulls drag at strike for a solid hundred yards maybe even like 300yds, just steady and strong run and I know this is the biggest fish I have ever had on with a legit chance to fight and land it. His run slows to a stale mate with him making short runs and then me turning him and making short gains only to repeat this process several times. James hooks up and he’s got a shark on, so all three of us have on sharks at the same time and it’s every man for himself. So I’m pinned to the edge of the holding on to a giant with nothing but me and the rod vs the fish. My arms are on fire and my waist and thighs are bruised from the rod but and James appears and he has lost his fish and I tell him I’m on big and need a belt. He gets me a belt but doesn’t get it on good so it’s only half as effective as it should be. I this time I got to take a seat on the beach and fight it from the sand to get some relief fr

Great story and great shark hats off to you sir

you might as well sell your fishing gear…

because from here on out it’s always going to be…“awh man that all the bigger it is…pffft”

GREAT JOB and story

Good grief that’s a huge fish. Great story and glad you were able to get it to swim away.
The pic with you holding the tail really puts it in perspective…dang!

________________________ 1966 13' Boston Whaler "Flatty" 2018 Sportsman Masters 207 www.eyestrikefishing.com #predatorsstriketheeye

Almost missed your post somehow. Glad I come across it.
All I can say is WOW!!!

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Great catch and thumbs up for the release. No need to kill something like that old girl to enjoy the experience.

Wow congratulations 40! That’s a great story and thanks for sharing it with us. I’m glad you got it revived too, I get that feeling. That’s the stuff fishing dreams are made of!

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"

Where did you catch this beast?