Cape Romaine

https://youtu.be/z0_mJ4M-t9U

Sorry for the late report but I had company this weekend and then the forums were down.

Anyway, we fished last Thursday in and around Price Inlet with some success. We started out throwing to the slow moving side of a creek right off the ICW and were picking up trout in about 8 ft on a drop off. We were throwing a 1/4 oz jig head with various soft plastics. All were caught on the fall while letting the current drift the bait. Caught a couple on popping corks with minnows.

Rule number one: Never leave the fish

We left the fish.

Little tougher fishing but we managed several trout and a fish I’ve never seen before @7:15 in the video. I haven’t cycled a full year of salt water fishing so I’ll probably catch something else that I can’t identify. Anyway it was a cool looking fish.

I also lost a nice red that made my drag sing.

I’m using a G Loomis 6’10 IMAX - PRO extra fast action rod and a 1000 series Stradic C14+ spooled with 15lb braid and 15 lb fluorocarbon leader.

The rod has plenty of back but maybe a little light on the reel?

What do you guys throw when finesse fishing soft plastics?

I replaced it with a 3000 series Stradic from another rig and fished today. Horribly windy conditions so I’m guessing I got bit more often than what few fish I caught. All flounders today. Just three. Water was really stained.

Garris Landing had four trucks with trailers after the Circus there this last weekend.

Would love to know what the fish was.

Video link is at the top.

Whiting aka kingfish. they get mottled this time of year. great eater.

Okay, well, I guess that’s it then. Had another guy post it in the video.

Looks fun! Just a friendly reminder that towels can remove the slime from fish which can be detrimental to their health.