Best reef anchor?

Relative novice here. Lost two danforth anchors fishing the 60 and offshore over the past year (10 - 15 trips). Polyball helps retrieval, but do y’all have any recommendations regarding anchor type (grappling anchor with bendable tines, rigging anchor “upside down”, etc)?

RIG EM TO BREAK AWAY

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Get a Rhodan trolling motor with spot lock. Never lose another anchor.

______________________________________________________ "I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public." ~my dad

Equipment:
*2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
*2006 Boston Whaler 13’
1 - wife (The Warden)

Former ECFC

Like Gail said, I have a Lewmar Claw anchor rigged to break away. Cracker Larry (rest his soul) showed me how to set it up. Prior to that, I had lost 2 anchors down in the Keys. Never lost one after that.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

YEPPERS HAVEN’T LOST ONE SINCE!!! BEST REMEDY FOR THOSE OF US THAT CAN’T JUST GO DROP A COUPLE THOUSAND ON NEW FANGLED TMs

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Thanks guys. Will get the zip ties rigged. Y’all be safe.

I had to rob my 401k to get mine. The Warden loves it.

______________________________________________________ "I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public." ~my dad

Equipment:
*2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
*2006 Boston Whaler 13’
1 - wife (The Warden)

Former ECFC

I made a grapnel type reef anchor myself. A friend gave me 12" of 1 1/2" heavy wall aluminum pipe, I believe it may have been a scrap piece of hand rail. Lowes has 3/8" round aluminum rod in 3’ sections for about $5 each, I bought two. I bent them in half and stuck a shackle through. Stuck the ends through the pipe and bent them out to the grapnel shape. I just unhook my anchor shackle and hook the chain to the “reef anchor” and toss. it holds my 22’ boat fine and a little power at time to leave straightens the tine and up it comes. Easy to bend it back . It also doesn’t leave rusty stains on the boat.

Sea Hunt 212 Triton "Head East"