Thursday at Bull Island /Price Inlet

https://youtu.be/6zsxmSU5tM8

I had the pleasure of taking my friends brother-in-law fishing this past Thursday. He is a retired horse vet who hasn’t got to fish inland fishing since he was a young man growing up in Louisiana. It was just awesome seeing him smiling throughout the day and listening to the stories of his youth.

Started out at high tide and although we could see reds tailing in the grass, we couldn’t get to them in my bay boat. It was fun to see and hear anyway.

Caught a few flounder and a trout or two in price inlet before the tide was completely out. Jumped into a shallow creek at low tide and caught a bunch of croakers and pin fish on popping corks with frozen shrimp. I think he enjoyed the challenge of trying to catch them before they stripped our hooks.

Low tide was 1:07 in Price creek and about two o’clock the water started to move in and the fish became super active on oyster rakes. He had to be back to Garris landing by three but we were able to catch him a couple to take home. His wife has a really good fish stew recipe I heard.

Anyway, the video is posted at the top if you’re interested.

Kerry Browning

Enjoyed the video! Thanks for sharing!

Haven’t fished those racks over there in several years, man they can be fun sometimes though! Thanks for letting us eavesdrop the video and glad you had some fun with your friends and fam!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!