defunding the Police

Y'all heard the latest knee Jerk B.S.? Our big Democratic led cities are actually listening to the thugs begging to do away with all Police! Can you imagine the anarchy that would ensue if our Police officers were done a way with? These are the men and women that know these communities better than anyone and the thugs want to have them removed. Why? To commit more crime, not because they are scared of them. How about some Federal funding for training even more officers to put in these areas. These thugs with the bully pulpit of the Main Stream media and the unwarranted "glorification" of the Floyd tragedy, are trying to convince America that ALL law officers are bad. I remember Clinton saying that he would provide money and training for law officers when he had the huge reduction in the Military (do more with less), never happened.

Maybe if we had more standardized Training for all Law officers and increased their presence in troubled neighborhoods, things like the Floyd tragedy wouldn't happen. Lord knows we needed more officer to STOP the Looting and Rioting that they were told to let happen by their elected leaders.
Replies

Why do civilians need military grade weapons? Ban assault weapons!

Originally posted by poly ball

r-15-was-never-meant-to-be-in-civilians-hands/545438/

Not too difficult to make an AR full auto.....

Originally posted by poly ball

Ban assault weapons? No, this is America and I like my AR platform weapons. You don't, we all know this, but get over it. I'm keeping mine and I hunt with a couple.

Depending on your skill set, not hard at all to make many weapons other than AR platforms fully auto. Even my little ruger 10/22.

You might want to look up the definition of Military grade weapons. You might be cutting your own throat in what caliber rifle or handgun you may use. You still are a hunter I assume? Talking of military grade... 5G is military grade.

As for so many false things about automatic weapons... Get yourself into a lot of Federal trouble possessing one with out proper permits. Legally, they are Heavily regulated, Extremely expensive, and Old. The newest ones are over 33 years old if you can find someone wanting to part with one. Originally posted by Fred67

NO Alfred, this is 'Merica

A whole new way of saying America. As America falls into the category of a nation, Merica is the whole experience of America summed up in a stereotypical way. Eating anything deep-fried, shooting shotguns, getting so fat you attempt to use the force to levitate it off the coffee table, all compressed into one word. People often say it when they see Americans doing things only Americans can do, such as: trimming a hedge with a chainsaw, eating quadruple burgers with extra lard, and driving tractors in the middle of a freeway. It is often expressed in a proud and commonly exaggerated manor. This phrase is one to be only used when the time comes to say it, like at a eating contest or at a mud pit wrestling match. As there are so many people in America that truly express what the word is all about, there is one family that pushes it over the limit. They are commonly called the "Honey Boo Boo Family".

They are known to do the same, and even more, of the equally stupid stunts that typical rednecks would do. They are reported to relive acts of true Merican spirit, like drinking 2 liter bottles of DIET cola, driving trucks into frozen creeks, getting pointless tattoos of American birds on their backs, eating processed nacho cheese in a bacon cup, tucking their Ak47s in their pillows, ordering 27 Big Macs at McDonalds with a side salad, and so much more.
Son: "Dad, did you see that man eat 503 hot dogs in 3 minutes? I wonder how many pounds he will gain!"

Dad: "Shut up son, and embrace true Merican spirit held before you!"

Son: "But Dad-"

Dad: "Merica!"

Here is The Federalist Paper #29, and what was intended as a "well-regulated militia":

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed29.asp

c/p:

"This desirable uniformity can only be accomplished by confiding the regulation of the militia to the direction of the national authority. It is, therefore, with the most evident propriety, that the plan of the convention proposes to empower the Union "to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, RESERVING TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY THE APPOINTMENT OF THE OFFICERS, AND THE AUTHORITY OF TRAINING THE MILITIA ACCORDING TO THE DISCIPLINE PRESCRIBED BY CONGRESS.''

RBF

No, many military choose not to vote because they are too lazy to.
Originally posted by Fred67
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

During that period of history, the militia were the State militia, meaning those raised by the several states. In those militia it was very common that those required to serve had to furnish their own weapons. So, we're not talking about whether or not the 'state' can supply a militia with weapons. We talking the weapons the members of the militia brought themselves.

Further, the Supreme Court has made it clear, repeatedly, the right to bear arms belongs to the individual citizen. Ergo, he who's right shall not be infringed is the average law abiding citizen.

---------------------------
17' Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26' Palmer Scott project hull
14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25
Last edited by PalmerScott
It seems like everything the liberal side states has a flaw that they overlook . In the case of the boogaloo boys , they are a poorly organized bunch of misfits that will most likely self destruct sooner rather than later. Unlike BLM and ANTIFA they do not have any meaningful support from any political party.

The wording of the 2nd ends with “ the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed “ that seems easily understandable to me!
Dang y'all been busy since this morning.
The boogaloo boys .I watch a lot of gun channels and I've never seen a meme or really heard anyone talk about them. And as far as them being right-wing. I think they lean more left. Or whichever way the wind blows.

Making an AR full auto.Not as easy as you think. And as far as that goes I can take a Glock 19 with a 30 round mag. And do a mag dump in about 2 and a half seconds.

And if you think all they want is your AK or AR you're crazy. They want you to have no guns.

about all the Chinese made AR parts being smuggled in. I imagine anyone that knows anything about firearms wouldn't buy that junk And if you banned the so-called asalt rifles that would just open up that market.
Ss far as Kel-Tec buying up and distributing all this ammo they need to do something cuz from what I've seen their weapons are crap. What did I forget???

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.

During that period of history, the militia were the State militia, meaning those raised by the several states. In those militia it was very common that those required to serve had to furnish their own weapons. So, we're not talking about whether or not the 'state' can supply a militia with weapons. We talking the weapons the members of the militia brought themselves.

Further, the Supreme Court has made it clear, repeatedly, the right to bear arms belongs to the individual citizen. Ergo, he who's right shall not be infringed is the average law abiding citizen.

Originally posted by PalmerScott

A 5-4 ruling isn't exactly convincing to me:

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/on-this-day-a-divided-supreme-court-rules-on-the-second-amendment

Yes, there were ones in the militia that did supply their personal weapons and they were regulated in doing so... Guns were scarce back then, easier to "regulate", and were actually tracked...

https://theconversation.com/five-types-of-gun-laws-the-founding-fathers-loved-85364

However, as I proved before the intent in the Constitution was for the "well-regulated militia" to provide arms, and perhaps that was a long-term goal as guns were scarce back then... I am sure they believed it was unreasonable to hold up ratifying the Constitution until the state militias, with federal funding, procured enough guns for all members...

One thing to mention also, nowhere does it mention in the 2nd amendment regarding "owning" as it simply states to "keep and bear"... To "keep" isn't ownership... Based on the Federalist Papers, to "keep and bear" most likely meant to: store, manage, protect them (home or elsewhere), and carry when needed for battle whether issued by the militia or if someone paid for it themselves...

Again, to "keep and bear" doesn't state ownership rights, and there are many other references in the constitution that do call out for property ownership rights for people... Seems to me it was deliberate they didn't incorporate "ownership" rights explicitly into the 2nd amendment and instead used the term to "keep and bear"...

RBF

No, many military choose not to vote because they are too lazy to.
Originally posted by Fred67
Last edited by Richard Beer Froth
Dang y'all been busy since this morning.
The boogaloo boys .I watch a lot of gun channels and I've never seen a meme or really heard anyone talk about them. And as far as them being right-wing. I think they lean more left. Or whichever way the wind blows.

Making an AR full auto.Not as easy as you think. And as far as that goes I can take a Glock 19 with a 30 round mag. And do a mag dump in about 2 and a half seconds.

And if you think all they want is your AK or AR you're crazy. They want you to have no guns.

about all the Chinese made AR parts being smuggled in. I imagine anyone that knows anything about firearms wouldn't buy that junk And if you banned the so-called asalt rifles that would just open up that market.
Ss far as Kel-Tec buying up and distributing all this ammo they need to do something cuz from what I've seen their weapons are crap. What did I forget???

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.Originally posted by Off the chain

Perhaps you should read more, and watch less television???

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-affiliated-with-boogaloo-extremist-group-charged-with-inciting-a-riot-sc-sheriff

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/10/795366630/boogaloo-is-the-new-far-right-slang-for-civil-war

Last edited by poly ball
Inciting a riot? He threw a water bottle at the cops. I'm glad to see the police are finally charging these morons for stuff like that. I wonder how they figured the affiliation with the booger bunch. I don't see a Hawaiian shirt. Like natureboy said just a bunch of misfit want a be snowflakes.

How about this??
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/protests-armed-white-vigilantes/2020/06/04/09e17610-a5bb-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html
they call them white nationalist vigilantes white supremacist.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Snap of the fingers and it goes from the evil assault weapon. To your planker.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/12049523/myrtle-beach-south-carolina-rifles-for-sale-trade--marlin-camp-9

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
It's 9:30 and haven't heard of Peep. Did the booger boys come to town and knock down the internet.

I really can't find any of these memes about the booger boys Polly talking about.
The only ones that I found were making fun of them.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.
Why did find someone talking about the booger boys exit.

https://youtu.be/aHaatCr2LwM

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.