Four Sons Marine - Coastal Skiffs

Sold my boat recently and been looking at getting a 21+ foot skiff. In researching, I came across the Coastal 212 made by Four Sons Marine. Small family operation that builds about 50 boats a year. While I find all boats these days to be expensive, these guys seem to put out a solid product at a reasonable price. They have some cool features and are custom built. I’d never seen one until I visited their facility just across the NC border. Anyone have any experience with them? Their webpage sucks but their Facebook page has tons of pics. I wish they were factory direct, but they push you to dealers. I like them much more than the new Carolina Skiffs.

No experience with them but nice looking, simple boats. I have an old Polar Flatts skiff a lot like those on their website. A plain, easy to maintain boat appeals to me. You are right, their website sucks and I don’t want to have to Fakebook to look at better pics. Maybe they’ll improve their website.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

We got our boat a few months ago and had multiple issues with the dealership we used. They put the WRONG motor on the boat! Pretty sure they just tried to use a motor that was sitting around the shop, but it had a regular length shaft when we needed the long. Then when we picked up the boat and new motor they didn’t clip some things in right so the boat wouldn’t go over 1 mph… Thankfully we were able to figure that out ourselves. There again this was dealership issues, not manufacturer issues.

We love the boat. T-top getting installed right now and we’re adding a few more rod holders and cleats to the gunnels. The wide gunnels are awesome. The boat seems so wide and much bigger space wise than my old boat. My twin 2 year olds literally just run in circles around the boat. I’ve always had 2 stroke motors and having a 4 stroke is amazing. So quiet and smooth. Boat is rated for 12 people which is great when we want to take family or party.

Here’s some pics the t-top builder sent me last night. Hopefully I posted them right.

Porkchop Express II

Man that’s nice! after 26 years i Sold my skiff yesterday, I have gotten to old to run tiller steering.

Now that is what I call a fishing boat! Lots of space and easy to maintain. Hope you guys make a lot of great memories in her.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?