North/South Santee

Normally when i fish Georgetown i run out into the bay and fish the north inlet but was just looking around on the map, is where the north and south Santee come our any good? Not looking for anyone’s specific hole just noticed that where i put in is not a far ride to the mouth of these 2 rivers. Is it worth a shot or is there somewhere else i could try? thanks for any input. If you don’t want to post here feel free to send me a PM.

I have a friend coming into town and has never done any inshore fishing was gonna try and put him on something in the coming weeks.

If you’re putting in at the ferry and running to the north Santee I think they call it the Santee Bay. Basically a big mud flat. I’ve had pretty good luck on some of the creek mouth out there. We’ve also done pretty well if you run upstream from the ferry to where there’s some kind of old structure take a right and go back into that creek and fish them docks.if my little pea mine will remember when I get home Friday I will look at my GPS will send you the name of the creeks.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Yes i put in at the ferry landing. Thanks for the input next time im down that way i will give it a shot.

Yes, you can catch fish there. North Santee Bay use to be my go to spot when we fished a lot down there. Much shorter boat ride than North Inlet. Good luck. When you come in to the bay stay to the left on anything less than high tide.

The mouth of this creek is pretty deep. around 20 ft.You may find a tarpon or 2 in there around August September.

We’ve done real good in that Creek on black drum reds and flounder.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Thanks for the input. Im planning to go either one day this week or next and will let you know what i do.