6/25/2020

Fished south jetty AM. Overcast. Incoming tide. Bait was scarce around Morris so we went behind Sullivan’s. Found menhaden near Pitt St. Arrived at jetties a little after 7 and quickly had a lot of company. First cast landed 28 inch spottail. Couple of break offs and missed hits. Landed a 24 inch speckled trout. Bite slowed down once the water started coming over the rocks pretty good. Boat next to us landed a really nice jack crevalle. Never seen that before. In by noon.

Got pictures but haven’t been able to post pics since CF.com got “improved “.

Sounds like a nice morning. Caught the trout with a menhaden?

Yessir. Menhaden. I’m an admittedly lazy fisherman. Live or cut bait on Carolina rig with rod holder is my preferred method.

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Thanks for the report! It’s getting to be that time of the year where you want to go early or late and not be in that mid day sun and heat.

Going to be crowded out there tomorrow too, I may even be one in the crowd…

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

No doubt. We try to see the sunrise this time of year. My daughter wasn’t very happy when I got her up at 530, but it’s sooo worth it. IMO.

Karma is 360 degrees

“If fishing were easy it would be called your mom”