Epic day Folly pier

Phillip and I slaughtered the spainish. Nothing under 2lbs. Ended up with a 22lb king to end the day

Good to see it still happens out on the pier sometimes. Good job Izzy. How deep is the water off the end now?

12-15’

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

You guys are rock stars, I wish I could post some pictures. I’m gonna go out in the boat for some Spanish soon, I want to try the McDonalds straw ,is that what you were using?Good job and stay classy dudes.

These were caught on trolley rigs using live menhaden. My smaller rigs for jigging were quiet. Way too windy that day.
Them guys at Apache use McDonald’s straws for jigging next to pier with success. Even a video on youtube on how to do it.

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

First I want to say thats one heck of a day on the wood! Congrats! Glad to see it!
In response to the thread, I have had crazy good luck throwing the McD’s straw sitting on top of a 4x treble hook on wire with one of those clear floats you can add a little water to about 2 1/2 to 3 foot above and cast a mile! Cast and work like a jerk bait. Note: Cut the straw about 1 1/2 to 2 in long and cut the top of straw at a 45 deg angle. Gotcha plugs are deadly too but can be painful to remove from your face. Been there done it! None of the above is substitute for live pogies but they will work.
Good Luck!!!

Working hard to play harder!!!

Thank you, sir

I believe you’re referring to a bubble rig. I think that’s what it’s called.