Inshore Wando Suggestions?

Hello everyone,

I’m renting a boat this Friday with some friends and we’re going to fish. The rental is out of Patriots Point. We’re going out at 9:00 AM. Tide is heading out with a low at 1:06 PM.

I’m trying to put the group on trout and/or redfish. Since we’re leaving from Patriots point I was going to suggest that we fish the Wando.

Should I be parking in shallow water? High water? Docks/piers? Any suggestions would be helpful. We’ll most likely be fishing with shrimp on a Carolina rig.

Hopefully someone sees this before Friday!

FISHING ( ie parking ) ANYWHERE IN UNFAMILIAR WATERS ON AN OUTGOING TIDE IS ASKING FOR AN EXTENDED STAY THAT YOU WON’T ENJOY… I ADVISE INVESTING IN A LOCAL GUIDE FOR A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE TRIP…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Go fish behind Sullivan’s around the old bridge and the rock wall by the entrance, and the docks.

I was going to recommend this too only thing is i wouldnt advise dropping an anchor thats hang up city.

DOUBT SERIOUSLY IFFN ANYONE COULD FISH THE WROCK WALL OR OLD BRIDGE WO ANCHORING OR STRONG TM WITH THAT RIPPIN FALLING TIDE ;;;JUST SAYIN

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

The down town side of drum island on either side of the bridge on the outgoing or the Mt pleasant side of castle pinkney more toward the fort Sumter end. The docks by hog island channel in front of shem creek. This spot
with the red is good just fish close to the bank and oysters. Don’t really fish this side of town anymore but these spots all have hit for me on the out going in the past. Mud minnows are the easiest live bait to keep and cut mullet will get bigger reds. Pay attention to water depth and the tide if your up shallow. Worst case scenario if someone gets out the boat you can usually get in stuck if you catch it before it’s real bad. Don’t let the warnings discourage you, just remember them so they can help you.

Great. Thanks for the advice everyone.