July 12th Suggestions Needed

It appears I will only get a few trips in saltwater this year so I want to make them memorable. For those that don’t know I run a hunting and fishing ministry for kids up in York County part of the national nonprofit organization Cross Trail Outfitters. Next Sunday we will be fishing out of Charleston Harbor. Weather permitting we will be running out to some of the reefs like Charleston 60 and others closer in. I’ll have 4 youth and one other volunteer outfitter aboard. Thinking Red Snapper, but of course mainly wanting the kids to have a safe and fun trip. Most will be happy catching anything even small sharks. Rigged to handle most things 40-80lbs if we get so blessed, but the focus is anything they can have fun with. So any suggestions on rigs (we typically run Carolina rigs for stripe bass and big cats), bait suggestions, etc? Appreciate any helpful comments.

Brian Herring

www.TeamCTO.org

Is it any wonder Jesus choose Fisherman for his disciples? York SC CTO www.teamcto.org
Is it any wonder Jesus choose Fisherman for his disciples? York SC CTO www.teamcto.org

I am on kid duty next weekend and off from all jobs. This means that my two girls are heading out to fish. Probably gonna hit Capers Reef then hit our high tide shark hole to see if anything is around yet. May try one more spot if we get there in time. You can follow us if you want. We will be putting in at the IOP Marina. If it’s rough out then we won’t head out to the reef at all.

"If you can't fix a woman, chase some tail with fins and fur!!!"

2008 Sea Pro 1900cc w/115

(2) Daughters that make the boys cry

(1) wife that makes her husband take the kids outdoors to chase their dreams!

That would be great. I see y’all are using a SeaPro. We will be in one too 219. I’ll follow up mid week. I’ve got my weather geeks watching out for us too. Hoping the Good Lord provides good water and great fishing.

This is awesome !!

For bait if you guys cant get any live bait. frozen squid seems to never fail