Back on the water, Kiawah river 8.1.2020

Feels good to be back! I haven’t been back home to fish much other than occasional crabbing trips since I left for college about 3 years ago and almost forgot what i was missing out on. Decided this weekend to take the Jon out for a spin and brought dad and my bro with me. Caught about a dozen shrimp, half a dozen crab and a handful of mullet the night before and hit the water at 6:45 the next morning. It was a high outgoing tide so i fished some topwaters over oyster bars and in creek mouths where i saw baitfish but had no luck. Switched it up and threw a jighead with no luck so i broke out the trusty carolina rig and hooked up in the first 30 seconds using a finger mullet. Caught a slot red and two more underslots on some shrimp. Switched oyster bars and caught a decent size bonnet head on half a blue crab to end the day.

Not sure why I’m incapable of catching fish on artificials but still a good day on the water and caught dinner. Saw a loggerhead too.

Enjoy this picture of me and my puppy red :slight_smile:

Anytime on the water is good, catching fish while being there makes it even better. Thanks for the report:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!