Report(s)

Welcome back to the site! I was hoping it was a temporary issue and not that CF was going away. Anyways, been out running a few trips and have seen some very high water temps. Upwards of 92 degrees in some places which definitely has the fish a little sluggish. I have found the early morning bite to be better. Mud minnows under corks are still producing decent numbers each trip(20+reds/trout) but the size is a little smaller than normal. I believe the high water temps have pushed the larger reds to deeper water so I am going to test my theory by looking for docks that are holding 5 or 6’ of water at low tide to see if they are hanging out in these deeper pockets. Topwater has been been decent as well early morning and surprisingly later in the afternoon into the evening hours. Took a trip out to the jetties for some sheeps and had some fiddlers left over, headed into a creek where artificials were not producing any hits. Threw a fiddler on under a cork and it was redfish bonanza. Left the fish biting as the sun set. Now that the site is up and running again, future reports will have pictures and more thorough information. Just giving a run down of the patterns I’ve seen and what has been working for me. Tight lines!

Thanks for the report, I’d put my boat in if it didn’t look like the busiest boat season I’ve ever seen. Every landings full all the time it seems.

Well we all know where they are at in the harbor. But I’ve been getting them in similar areas in different water ways. They call them channel bass for a reason. Right now the big inshore reds are holding in the deep channels or in deep holes, the more structure around them the better. They are most active around tide switches, with low usually being the better tide. Be prepared to vent or use a seaquilizer like device if the water is over 15ft. They stay close to the bottom right now and suspend by holding air. When you reel them up to fast the air gets trapped from the fast pressure change and they become floaters sometimes and need to be treated accordingly. I was bank fishing and had about a forty incher turn into a floater in about 12 to 20ft of water. It was hell because I could only do so much from my spot and it kept floating back up but eventually swam down on it’s own but I thought it was gonna die for a minute. I horsed it in because I hooked a fifty inch class red there the week before but had knot failure after it got lot of line off me and got me around a dock down the way, I was ray fishing both times, I don’t go for big reds there in the summer intentionally. To light of tackle on big reds kills them in the summertime, they overheat, put your hand under the peck fins and you can feel how hit it gets and how hard their heart beats. Fall in the surf is my favorite way to catch big reds. They can get fragile in the summer time so give them extra care.

Definitely welcome back! Hope the traffic picks up and the site is salvageable. That’s a great report, glad to hear it.

40, it has been a super busy summer on the water, mostly thanks to the Rona’… Hopefully when deer season kicks in some of the seasonal guys will carry their azzes to the woods:slightly_smiling_face:

I may even fish this weekend myself, it’s been almost 2 weeks since I’ve been.

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!