Menhadden?

Hey all. I’m new to the site so not sure where to post this question. Was wondering if the menhadden can be found around Morris island now? Was never able to find any a couple weeks ago. Needing to find some tomorrow morning. Thanks!!

Most of the inshore schools roam from around the citadel to the fort and from the fort to Morris and either inlet at folly, they stay in the same few miles but move with the tide. So depending how bad you want them run that area.

Thanks 40inchred. Will be out early in the AM looking for them. Sure hope I have better luck than last time. Ended up heading offshore with just large mullet.

Let us know how you ended up doing, both the menhaden and the fishing.

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Never found the menhadden…again : (( Went to Chas 60 with just large mullet (they are always easy to find thank goodness). Caught 3 barracuda and a large shark. Had a couple hits I think were kings, but not 100% sure. Saw a nice cobia but he wasn’t interested in the mullet. Pretty rough ride out this morning.

A buddy of mine showed me this trick years ago and it works.
go in about an inch from his tail and split it and he will swim very radically. And Mr Cobia won’t be able to stand it.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

I will tell you that all this rain has the menhaden pushed down. I went out and watched for diving pelicans and when I would get to where they were diving(by Ft Sumter), there was no sign of life. I turned on my side and down scan and could see bait on my screen. So after watching a bird dive, looking at the screen and throwing the net, I was able to fill the livewell with bait. It’s definitely more time consuming and can be frustrating, but if you really want menhaden, that’s how you have to find them after freshwater pushes them deeper. Hope that helps.

Capt. Jeremiah McCarthy Southern Slam Fishing Charters www.southernslamfishing.com 2018 Sea Hunt BX22BR