The Cooper

Hot and sunny it was yesterday but drift down the Cooper River and found quite a few flounders and Reds that were pulling hooks. When those Big Boys hit they were peeling drags and I could hardly turn them but managed to tag one for the day 28" and beautiful

Flounders were very aggressive and some strong swimmers. Good thing I waited long enuff to get a good hookup on a couple of the nicer ones. One struck so hard that I was dragging that big mat and the swivel pulled loose.

Good day on the water with four flounders.

You are the flounder whisperer. Keep posting, I am living my life vicariously through you and others.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Nice fish. I just moved here and haven’t had much luck in the Cooper yet. How far up the the river can you usually catch reds? Most of my attempts have been in the general vicinity of Bushy Park. Not a single fish on artificial but managed a couple trout on mud minnows. Nothing has been touching shrimp for me.

2007 Sea Fox 197CC

Nice fish! I’ve been skunked in the Cooper (Bushy Park Area) last few times gonna head back out this week. “Drifiting” - interesting - I’d figure there’s times you can drift fish from the Bushy area to the harbor in about 15 minutes! :sunglasses: