Looking for kings

I have not ever targeted Kings in Charleston. Any newbie advice you all can share? Looking to head out Tuesday afternoon for a few hours.

And I tried to search the site, but it keeps giving me error messages

Live bait is key. Load up on menhaden if you can find them. Slow troll them on double treble hook rigs around structure, bait, or if you see Spanish breaking. Troll as slow as your boat will go. Have the drags set light. Once hooked up dont crank the drag down either. Easy to pull hooks. You can buy the treble hook rigs at Haddrell’s. Also best of your reels are loaded with mono instead of braid. The stretch helps with not pulling hooks on the strike.

2018 Sea Fox 226 Commander Catching Chaos

Good info.

Surprised to hear troll for kings around Spanish. Not many people know that trick, better get your baits down under the Spanish for sure, just above the king markings.:+1:

What temps should we be looking/waiting for to get on a solid king bite?

68-76 or so degrees water temp, which only gives a short window Apr.to May nearshore)1-10 miles).

Water temp will determine the depth the kings hang at, along with the bait depth. Most times around 20 feet is prime. July and August 30-40 feet, as stated above, UNDER a Spanish school is good if water temp is decent.

Sometimes exception to temp may be at a tideline( foamy line of clear and dirty water). Fish the clear side near the line, another exception can be the Inlet on low tide bringing bait out of the rivers.

68-76 degrees, other info if needed, just ask or pm.