A Few Nice Trout

Even though the bite was slow, these few did their best to see that I had a good time. Had to switch to a little heavier jig head and fish a little deeper to find 'em.

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com

Nice fish! If you don’t mind me asking what area of Charleston were you fishing? Not looking for spots just general area.

F/V Tinny will live forever

FVTINNY ; UNLESS HAROLD MOVED THESE AIN’T CHUCKTOWN TROUT , BUT I’LL LEAVE THAT ANSWER FOR HAROLD TO DO…

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

I was fishing out of Venice, LA. I like to wade fish for trout, and there is great wade fishing there.

Well it looks like the storm’s going to screw up your fishing for a little bit . Good luck !!!

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

We’ve brought it up before and now you saying you are having to fish deeper… You are a brave man wade fishing this time of year with all that shark chum in the water! :smiley:

Nice trout! What’s your biggest personal best?

My personal best is only 7 lbs. 4 oz. Last February, I went and waded Baffin Bay on the Texas coast, because Texas is known for big trout. It a day and a half, I caught 34, but no trophy. I threw all 34 back. I did have 5 around 22", but I was hoping for an 8 or 9 pounder. Maybe I’ll go back.

I have a buddy who recently built a house in McClellanville and he’s been asking me to come trout fish with him. He’s been catching a BUNCH of trout in that area, but no real big ones. I may go there this week while I wait for things to settle down around Venice. I hope my camp is still there next week.

Hope you fare well through the storms sir! Good luck!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Thank you, sir!

What a beautiful healthy looking string of fish. They look like they are cloned. Did you make the stringer and what does the carving on the end float represent?

Bull shark grabs that string…be too full to eat you. What a life. Way to live it…large.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Thank you! I did NOT make the stringer. I get quite a bit of my wading gear from Everlast. That’s a symbol of theirs etched into the float.
Bull sharks are a nuisance this time of the year. I’ve had 'em take trout right off my stringer before, and I didn’t realize what was happening. I’ve had sharks take trout and ladyfish off my line while I was trying to land them.

If your specifically going for big trout you don’t catch numbers. I can trout fish and catch like 20 to 100 depending how long the trip is and how long I want to play with little guys. The same areas I can go for big fish a and catch like 3 to 10. The inlets hold the biggest wild trout around in Charleston, you can catch them from 23 to 28, a buddys girlfriend caught a 32 a few years back, he was fishing for 2 years in that area because of big fish action and lost a few giants but he got a 27 and thought it was huge and at the same time his girl caught the 32. He said his first thought was if I was fishing solo today I’d of got that 32. But there are some studs in the landlocked ponds that don’t get fished, but we don’t count those the same

You should post this info to the guys thread asking about big trout…if you haven’t already.

I couldn’t agree more on the part in bold, but some of those ponds are a freaking blast to fish!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!