Is anybody else fishing?

Seems pretty dead on the forums this time of year. I have been out a few times this year but I’m really waiting on the redfish to come around myself. Went out yesterday for 8 hours and only caught a few stingray whiting bluefish trout and some smaller sharks. Not one redfish yet. I’ll be trying again here in a couple weeks

Been a few times myself…ditto. Typical summertime catches.

Haven’t fished much at all this year. Work and other “life” responsibilities have kept me high and dry but, when I have fished in the summer, I have always found it one of the tougher times to catch much. At least for me anyway.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Had a great spring but summer has been painfully slow

Well try to catch a ray or small shark, we’ve caught a few big reds fishing for those I’ve been catching reds of all sizes by structure along with some spade fish up to about a # and some small to smaller slot size blackdrum. I know a few big reds have been caught behind the breakers depending conditions occasionally throughout the summer. It’s basically September so the big reds will show up a few times briefly before they are fully running in a few weeks. There are already some large size mullet schools showing up which usually run ahead of the mullet run. Dusk and Dawn or at night are good right now. I notice conditions play a big factor certain conditions mean certain fish or no fish. In the last two weeks I went twice and the conditions were opposite of what I think are good and had no action and then fished the next time when I thought they were good and the fish were biting.

I find in Surf fishing Surface current controls conditions around the beach and surface current is created by winds. Figure out the good winds for your spots and then the good tides. My order of conditions winds, time of day, tide, and then it gets variable.

Have you seen any cownose out there yet

I’ve mostly been fishing for big sharks

Anyone getting any reds yet on Folly? I went this past weekend and caught several whiting & bluefish but no reds yet.

I caught 5 in a creek by folly after not seeing any for several weeks on live mullet

Try a cast net. Bonzo says you the bait man anyway.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Caught some small ones a few weeks ago but that is usual and heard of a few close to 30 but the big bulls aren’t there yet. You might get lucky or could find them in a good weather window but for the most part it’s still to hot. I’d say like 2 weeks.

How is the parking at Folly? Can you park down towards the lighthouse yet, or is that still closed off?

That cut deep.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?