Pulling redfish out of structure

Hey guys, How’s it going. This is my first post on this forum, but if the fishing goes well, I’ll be posting regularly. My brother and I have been fishing since we were children and it has turned into an absolute obsession. Hopefully, our posts will at least be informative and useful. We also have a youtube channel so if you are interested just look for the links in each post.

We had a great weekend of fishing. Saturday we took a trip out to folly with a plan to fish some docks. We got there bright and early and loaded up on some finger mullet. We used simple knocker rigs and slung them right up next to the docks. In a few hours, we ended up with a 30-inch red, a nice flounder (wiggled off the hook right at the boat), and a couple of small trout. Monday we decided to take a trip to Awendaw with the same setup and bait. We fished structure here as well but the result was much better. We ended up catching a solid limit of reds and caught many that were just under. We also broke off some fish that were probably well over slot size. All in all, it was a lot of fun and the fish seem to be glued to structure right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-FWQCAhCcg&t=3s

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you had a great weekend. Keep up the reports and the obsession for fishing!!

You definitely had a good trip. Congratulations on those nice reds.

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com

Folly can be tough. It gets a lot of fishing pressure and hasn’t recovered from the fish kill a few years ago during the freeze. I hear the awendaw area is good.

Yes, welcome to the site. Couple of nice ones there, congrats. It’s good to see the racks still holding fish, I haven’t been over there in years.:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

VERY NICE TO SEE POSTS FROM NEWBES ; WELCOME TO THE SITE . ABSOLUTE AWESOME COUPLE OF TRIPS ! HOPE TO READ MANY MORE EVEN BETTER THAN THESE , AGAIN WELCOME…:smiley::smiley::smiley:

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

There haven’t been fish in Awendaw since Garris Landing added a courtesy dock