Cooper 9/12 and 9/13

Been a while, I guess between lock downs, summer time and the site disappearing…I haven’t posted much. Ready for fall. Headed out on the Cooper Saturday morning just after the rain came thru to catch the last 2.5 hours of outgoing and got skunked. Had some live finger mullet under corks and a whole arsenal of Zman and Mirolure but couldn’t get them to bite.

Today was a different story, pretty much ran the same spots starting about the same time in the tide cycle. Caught something worth bragging about at every spot, something I can’t say I’ve done before. Ended the day with about 6 flounder and 2 puppy drum. Catch and release on all of them. Fished Z-man exclusively today and really feel like I’m really starting get a hang on what NOT to throw with the soft plastics.

Water temp was 85 when I got off the water around 2PM today.

Glad you experienced success after getting skunked on Saturday. You’re doing what you need to be doing…Going fishing. There’s no substitute for TOW…Time on Water. Keep after 'em!

Harold Wilcox www.haroldshogwash.com

X2 on what hwilcox siad… we have all been goose egged before, it sucks but it happens. Way to stay persistent and thanks for the report.:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!