Not Fishing Related but Cool Fish Story

I was wakeboarding this Sunday on Edisto near an area I know dolphins frequently congregate to feed because a feeder creek runs into the main channel by a bend and creates a perfect break for a feeding ground. As we went by the area I saw what I thought was a flounder jump up by the boat that was pulling me. I thought I was just seeing things because we all know flounder have no business jumping, especially in 10 feet of water. It ended up jumping again right by my wakeboard and as it jumped a dolphin came up and caught it in the air no more than 2 feet from me. The dolphin swam beside the wakeboard for a little before turning back to feed more.
That was by far the closest encounter with a dolphin I’ve had, it was quite the experience.

Now thats cool.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

Neat. We had a company team building trip kayaking near Folly and the gal in front of me had a dolphin jump and belly sit on the front of her kayak… tipping her over. I figured she would have been scared to death, but she was past excited and as we helped her get back righted and loaded back in she said please wait for me, I’m staying right here until I can pet the dolphin!

Dolphin are amazing creatures.

Cool story bro! Nature is so awesome:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

i’ve had them slide up on the rubrail while throwing the cast net on poles shrimping! A guy in the boat was culling and throwing the menhaden and mullett over board and the booger was catching them after a while of not having any culls he nugded up on the side and made a noise asking for more!

Great story!!! You won’t forget that for a while! Of course…without pictures…it didn’t happen!!:smiley: