Great weekend, solid fish

Managed to finally get on some quality reds inshore. Fished Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday afternoon on falling tides. Saturday, a buddy and I picked up around 10 decent reds (along with some small trout). Sunday was similar, just a little slower. Seems like all the slot fish were caught in 1’ of water, we found that the bigger fish were typically caught anywhere from 3’ to 5’ near or on top of rocks, oyster beds, or pylons. With all the rain, the water was very muddy. Throwing darker natural colors on 3/16 and 1/4 oz trout eye jig heads seemed to do the trick.

I got the chance to go out yesterday as well. All we had on us was some frozen shrimp so we high tailed it to the harbor in search of some better bait. Didnt manage to find any so we settled with the shrimp and casted near some exposed rocks. Hooked up with three reds in a matter of about 10 minutes. After that, the bite was off.

I have been fishing these spots the whole year and ive never been this successful. I don’t know if its the temperature drop or the rain or water color or what, but i noticed a huge difference in fish activity just in this week alone. But hey, football is on the TV again and the water temps dropping so that means all those ‘pleasure boaters’ are off the water. Its time to get dialed in!

Thanks for the report and welcome to the site! It’s the water cooling down that’s got the fish fired up!! Went out yesterday and me and my buddy put an absolute whooping on em! Soon as I can post my own new topic again I’ll post my own report.

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!