Trying my luck

Thinking about coming down from the upstate to try my luck shrimping a couple times the next few weeks before my eye surgery… Anybody familiar with Bulls Bay and want to go pull some out the water. Never been to Bulls Bay but hear a lot about it. I want to get some shrimping in because after this surgery i don’t know when i will be free again to shrimp or fish…

Trying my luck,

Not sure what days you are coming down, but if I cant get out there I can at least meet up with you and show you on the maps where we have done well this year and in the past. Bull Bay can get really shallow and there are not any channel markers, so you need to be careful. If you want to try and connect let me know. I will send you my info and give you what info I have. Do you have shrimp poles and all you need for the trip?

We are coming down next Friday from Spartanburg and are going to try bulls bay too for the first time. I’ve shrimped in edisto and Beaufort but never have tried Charleston area I figure we would try bulls bay during the day and crab bank at night. We would be interested in meeting up as a buddy boat and give it a shot. I’ll pm you my info if interested. Thanks

2012 Carolina skiff 21dlv Suzuki 140hp

North end of Bulls Bay put in at Buck Hall
Easy to get into bay
Shrimp incoming tide , that way you won’t get stranded.
Will see many boats out there
South end of Bulls Bay put in at Garris landing
Tricky getting into bay from ICW
Can get in right across from garris landing pilons
Stay to the left when entering, aim at white poles sticking out.
Very shallow on the right
Good luck shrimping
Lots of people deep hole the south end

Bayou boy that’s some stand up stuff right there.

40, thank you sir. And very much appreciate all your insight on here. Would be great to see you on the water one day. If that ever happened, at least I would know I was in the right spot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey Bayou boy. Yeah i have poles, i just need to get some mix on the way down. But i am free to go anytime.

Hey whats going on 00seaprRR. Yeah I’m in Greenville. We definitely can do that. :+1:

Hey Henkdegraaf. Thanks for the info. Yeah the last thing i want to do is get stuck or lost, lol. I hear of a lot of folks putting in at Garris though…

Bayou, by the way appreciate your help. That is a very kind thing to do for someone sir. I pm’d you:+1:

Just check my PM and didn’t see anything. I sent you one earlier with my number, not sure if you got that one. If you did, shoot me a text. If not, let me know and I will try and resend.