Wonderful Wednesday

Weather laid down so I called in to work and played hooky!(literally) Went out with a buddy of mine on his boat and did more catching than fishing this trip. It was one where it all seems to come together for you. Got in the water at 730, started throwing the castnet for bait and on the second cast put a 28in spottail in the boat without ever touching a rod!
Loaded up on finger mullet and went to the first spot and it was on! Fish after fish til almost noon. As high tide crept in, we slipped up on a flat and pitched artificial baits to the tailing fish. I spooked the first one we spotted by landing my lure too close to it, then my buddy got his lure in the perfect place for a 23in cruiser to make a sharp left and engulf the lure 5ft from the boat and landed that perfect flats fish! After that we went back to wearing out the fish on a Carolina rig and poppin corks. I dont know exactly how many fish we caught, but it was over 70 no doubt about it. Doubled up probably a dozen times at least. This was just one of those days that happen once or twice a year and it was our turn! Even caught a juvenile grouper in the marsh and a spotless spottail!:+1: Hope my boss doesn’t read this post :dizzy_face:
Water temps were 67-72, and 75 on the flat. If I could get my pics to work I will post them, I’ll be surprised if it let’s me post this once I press the Post button…:unamused:

That’s fantastic!
The most I’ve ever caught in a day is 29.
Glad you got to get out. You picked a beautiful day to play hooky that’s for sure!

nice! Does your boss know you as “stumpknocker”.?

How I’ve been doing pics I send on my phone to email (I send as smallest size). save pic to my desk top… Open this sight up … click on paper clip… Minimize this screen then drag from desk top. Been working every time for me.

As for starting a new thread… not so much.

Yessir, pretty much everyone at work asked how the bite was when I came in yesterday morning… it’s no secret I like to fish:sunglasses:

And I usually dont have issues posting pics, but it has been hit or miss over the last few months on this site… I’ll try to add some from the comment section

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Good job there sparky,I love it when a plan comes together:+1:

Well Stump dont know how i missed this nice report. The bite is pretty darn good right about now. Keep up the good work and iI’ll see you on the waters soon.

"Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education"

220 SeaFox Viper