Weather

Need some advice please. Watching the weather forecast. What conditions would one recommend it not wise to go out shrimping. 19 ft Carolina Skiff. Thanks

over bait: any sea state consistently over 1’ and/or over 10-12mph sustained, especially if there’s a lot of fetch at your spot. blowing offshore you could shrimp close to the bank in 15mph+. we would always work the poles perpendicular to the wind and throw into it, makes for easier driving and harder throwing, but i’d rather get close to hit the bait instead of prop washing it.

my $0.02

also:

-lightning

-dolphins

-near Bonzo

Even minimum swell like close to a ft can have you doing the rodeo dance on the bow and it’s not that fun and can be dangerous. Locations change when weather changes if I don’t want to cancel. If it’s questionable weather stay close to the ramp and only set a few poles. Shrimp are all over so you don’t have to go to the big name spots

Ok thank you . Many different sources for weather conditions. Not all the same predictions. Which weather source would be recommended.

I use Windy.com for wind predictions. It has GFS and ECMFS models that you can use. The wind forecast changes often, just like any other forecast, so check it often. As far as weather in general, I prefer weather.com during the spring/summer and accuweather during the fall/winter.
Nobody gets it right these days, but sometimes they get close.

2017 Stingray 186cc
2017 Stingray 186cc

Thanks

Weather not looking too good for bulls bay this weekend. Even in a 20 ft Skiff . Water will be surging into the back of boat when backing up from poles:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: