Big red's

Not warning them that I’m coming this morning.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

The pillow wouldn’t let me go this morning. Didn’t get on the water till about 08. Headed to the jetties. Nothing nice there this morning. 4’ to 6’rollers occasionally braking… went back in the creeks. Had a hard time finding shrimp managed a dozen or so. Mullet and peanut puggies everywhere. Ended up with 3 small red fish and a 27-in red but he was a bruiser. All on popping corks trying to find trout. I skunked the wife can’t remember the last time that happened. Had to head back in around 11:00 for doctor’s appointment. Might try to go back out this afternoon.

22 life’s a day

Good luck.

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

22 life’s a day

The one below is from a year ago today

Report later tonight I got to go check a roof

22 life’s a day

The good and the bad.
Didn’t get to the landing till
10: 30.Idiot day at the ramp. 20 minutes waiting on two boats bit my lip.

Lots of room on the other side. both of us were standing on that side. wife was hooked up. Turned out to be a nice flounder. Didn’t say nothing just bit my lip. Pulled lines and headed to jetties. Run down towards sunset Beach and got on pogies pretty quick. Set up at the end of the north jett.big swells right where I wanted to fish. Backed off just a little.

Hooked up pretty quick broke off probably bad later my bad.
Wife got that brutally 44 incher and we caught three more around 37 but didn’t have the big shoulders like the first one.
Couple boats started to move in on us after the first fish. They didn’t want nothing to do with them swells. Didn’t see any other boats hooked up.
But did say this idiot The kids probably 10 years old. Notice line he’s dragging anchor. He just missed the boat behind him. Bit my lip again.
All in all a good escape from reality for a while.

22 life’s a day

Little on the foggy side.
Made a run down to sunset Beach to find poagies.

22 life’s a day

Good job, sone hogs. Hope to go next Saturday.
Let us know how you did today.

Got on the water about 7:30 headed right out and got bait and went to fishing the jetties. Quite a few boats already there. We fished the jetties till about 10:30 was getting eat up with blue fish. They were like piranhas on the pogies Moved back in the creeks for a couple hours. Tried to get on some trout. no luck couple little redfish. Move back to the jetties. Wife hooked up on another nice red 44" big shoulders…I hooked a ray about the size of the hood of my truck.He was peeling drag I went in pursuit thought it was a big shark.strange behavior for a ray he come to the surface for the fight. Just lock the drag down and broke him off. another hour or so and headed in. Wife put the smack down me on me again. Lots of boats out there did not see anyone hooked up.Talked to a couple of the guides they said they haven’t done nothing to speak of.Big schools of poagies going down the beach. But the mullet aren’t pouring out of the inlet yet. Ocean isle fishing center report says they’re just not here yet.Not going to be able to make it back this week but will definitely be back next week.
ICW was like highway 17 on 4th of July.

22 life’s a day

Any fish is better than no fish & sounds like she caught a nice one.
Maybe in the next couple weeks it will pick up.