A breaching shark exploded right off the bow!

https://youtu.be/2nWoyhc6i2s

And I caught it on the GoPro!!!

We fished last Thursday and it started out hot! Then the tide came in and brought some really stained water with it. We managed six fish and lost a good one and ended the day with a mystery fish. If you know what it is let us know.

The big surprise was the shark. It exploded out of nowhere and we got it on the GoPro. Pretty cool footage.

Will possibly try again Sunday but we had a lot of rain back in Awendaw.

Anyway, the YouTube video is linked above for those interested.
Kerry Browning

______________________________________________________ "I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public." ~my dad

Equipment:
*2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
*2006 Boston Whaler 13’
1 - wife (The Warden)

Former ECFC

Cool video. Mystery fish is hard to get a good look at, might be a lizard fish

It’s always cool to see a fish breach right next to you.
Cool video…

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

I’m going with Lizard fish. Had a guy say that in the comment section of the video too.

Thanks. Not sure how rare that is. We see them working banks occasionally but I’ve never seen one breach.

If you pause the video at the right moment, you can tell it’s definitely a shark. Most likely a small spinner shark, as our local waters are full of them this time of year. Saw two today.

That’s awesome! I like the intro too, looked familiar so I watched the start of the other vid just to make sure I wasn’t trippin:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Seen a few sturgeon breach, but never a shark. Cool video. Looks like it came up in a school of mullet??

Nice…enjoyed the video and the mystery fish would appear to be a lizard fish…

Yeah, in fact those mullet were getting spooked around us most of the morning but were off the bank away from the redfish we were targeting so we didn’t pay them much attention.