Need help from an old salty deep hole shrimper!

Hey deep holers,
My pal and me are trying our best to figure out deep holing the harbor, but I’ll be the first to admit…I don’t know what I’m doing. I have Simrad Evo 3’s and Betts Super Pro 10’ and 8’ deep hole nets, so I should be better at it!

I need help from an old salty deep hole shrimper who can show me what I’m supposed to be looking for on the finders, and how to throw over the shrimp. If you’ll go with us one day, you can have all the catch. We just need the wisdom! Anybody out there who can help us out?

Small vertical red pencil lines . My two cents. I shrimped south end bulls bay on Saturday. There were lots of boats deep holing in Anderson creek as you go out into open bay. Did good shrimping south end . Close to limit . Nice big shrimp

My Garmin shows them as green-blue

Every sonar will show something different if the settings aren’t exactly the same unit to unit… So I’ll just leave that at that.

My advice to you would be go out and join the musical chairs’ of a crowd, slip in line, toss the net and reverse engineer what you’re seeing compared to what you are getting in the net. Ask the other boats what depth they are having luck and if they are having luck at all. Then again, I’ve slayed em in the net and shown no signs of life on the sonar, and seen all kinds of returns on sonar and came up with an empty net… and an empty net is heavy net…:face_with_head_bandage:

Just put in your time and figure it out, there is no easy button for it, and no substitution for time on the water.:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Yep plenty deep holers at south end [file ]error[/file]

Notice the bull bay ferry go in across from Garris landing and he went through on the right side

I will help you any way I can. It is not that difficult if you can go with someone and really get the feel of finding the shrimp on your electronics. That said, I have caught many a cooler and never see them on the graph. you need to go in your boat and get use to how it identifies the shrimp. I have three boats I have shrimped out of and each has a different brand of GPS/depth unit. Each show shrimp when they are bunched up and each show them differently when they are not bunched up .I’m retired so my schedule is flexible.