First Trip To Bulls Bay

Late post but went down to Bulls Bay for the first time this weekend past. September 2 was a new world to me out there on the bay. Boats as far as the eye could see. Was on a solo trip friday so i one poled with a little success. Didn’t get a full cooler or half but i did get enough to fill the bottom. My luck ran out on me when my motor clunked out on me right before the sun went down. Thanks to 00seaproRR and his friend for coming to the rescue. Pulled me in to the dock.
Well the next morning i went home and got my bass tracker after dropping my boat off at the shop in Columbia. My ole lady went with me this time to shrimp bulls bay. Got out there and started setting poles up and waited about 15 minutes and started casting. First poles were alright but 7 8 and 9 were on fire. 20-30 each cast on them poles. We ended up with about a half cooler mostly large and a few medium and smalls mixed in. I tell you one thing, I definitely have to get my girl trained up some more because she about threw me in the water about 3 times. At the end of the day we had a blast though… Big SHOUTOUT to bayou boy for putting us on, thanks bud and thanks to 00seaproRR for the tow friday…

Great to see that on hear brother!! Keep at it. We will get out there together sometime soon!

Good job getting your lady to drive. Mine loves to watch the birds and scenery and is still afraid of dumping me in the ocean so we single pole. She does throw a nice net so it’s easy work for me but not as productive as you two. Hoping for a continued season of big shrimp. Be safe out there

eating well! i was wondering how you did, but i saw Matt for a minute yesterday and he showed me some FB pix.

keep on 'em, size looks better than around the charleston area lately!

Once again, thanks for all of your help snd giving me knowledge about the bay. It’s people like you that make this group a helpful learning tool…

Yeah she actually is use to driving my boats but that shrimping job had her kind of nervous. She did pretty good though to be her first time driving for shrimping. She use to driving on the lakes, up in the swamps or out on the ocean…

Hey Brock. Yeah they were hit and miss. The sizes do look good though. Mostly large.